FIRST TIMERS & DAY-PASSERS
WE'RE STOKED YOU'RE HERE!
THERE ARE A FEW THINGS TO TAKE CARE OF BEFORE WE GET YOU CLIMBING.
PLEASE SCROLL & READ BELOW
FIRST TIME AT OUR GYM?
IF YOU'VE NEVER BEEN TO KONA CLIFFS BEFORE, START HERE!
CREATE A PROFILE
Even if you're just grabbing a Day Pass, everyone who is new to the Gym must create a profile on our customer portal & fill out their information. When you're done, come back to this page to continue to the next step.
SIGN BEFORE YOU CLIMB
If you haven't done so already, please click the link below to fill out a waiver. If you're bringing children under 18, please fill out a waiver for each of them.
EVERYONE ENTERING THE GYM
-EVEN IF NOT CLIMBING -
MUST SIGN A WAIVER
NEW TO CLIMBING OR FEELING NERVOUS ?
Call to speak with our staff about a FREE custom orientation session for you and your group at:
We want every climber to feel welcome and at home at Kona Cliffs, so don't hesitate to reach out, tell us when you're coming, and we'll do our best to schedule time with you to ensure you get climbing quickly and feel confident on the wall.
Please read through our
Risk Management & Etiquette Guidelines
below so you can help us keep you & everyone else safe & having fun!
FIND THE PRICING OPTION THAT'S RIGHT FOR YOU
Check out our day pass and membership rates. If you are just purchasing a day pass, there's no need to purchase ahead of time online, just ask our front desk staff when you arrive.
RISK MANAGEMENT & ETIQUETTE
1. The pads are intended only for safety when climbers fall, please refrain from running, acrobatics, and playing on the pads.
2. Climbers should be at least 8 feet away from each other on the wall.
3. Please take turns being on the wall. This includes standing/sitting away from the wall after an attempt, or while waiting for a turn.
4. All climbers & guardians should stay towards the edge of the pads and far away from any fall zones unless they are actively about to climb.
5. All climbers & guardians should stay alert when walking on the pads to make sure they are not walking under any climbers.
6. Avoid jumping from the top of the wall, to reduce the risk of injury.
7. Youth climbers that are around 4 feet in height or shorter should never climb to the top of the wall.
8. All climbers should land with their feet onto the pads with bent knees and/or rolling backwards with tucked arms to cushion their fall.
9. Avoid putting hands down or attempt to catch a falling climber.
10. No lying down or sitting in an active fall zone.
11. Do not leave any items (including water bottles, chalk bags, etc.) in a fall zone.
12. All climbers are required to wear climbing shoes on the climbing wall.
13. Climbing shoes should not be worn outside of the climbing gym--please help keep the gear clean!
14. Please keep food and drinks off of the pads.
15. ALOHA VIBES ONLY!
ARE YOU BRINGING YOUTH?
If you are, please scroll down to the next section.
(If not then you're all done & we'll see you at your Orientation!)
POLICIES & GUIDELINES
In an effort to minimize risk and maximize every climber’s positive experience, we ask that all climbers (regardless of age) adhere to our risk management and etiquette guidelines.
As the parent/guardian of a youth climber it is your responsibility to make sure your youth is respecting this shared space.
YOUTH POLICIES & GUIDELINES
1. Any climber under the age of 18 must have their legal
guardian sign their waiver.
2. Any climber under the age of 14 must have parental/guardian supervision to use the facility.
3. All guardians must actively supervise their youth and are responsible for understanding all risk management guidelines and etiquette, and making sure their youth adhere to them.
4. Continued failure of guardians to enforce risk management guidelines and etiquette to their youth will result in the youth being asked to stop climbing temporarily or for the rest of the day.
5. There should be 1 adult supervising every 2 youth ages 6-13
There should be 1 adult supervising every 1 youth ages 0-5
6. Gym staff members do not count as a supervisor in these ratios.
7. Exceptions to these ratios can be made based on performance.
8. There is a max capacity of 8 youth climbers on the
wall/pads at any given time.
9. All youth climbing ends at 6:00pm every day.